Today I was kindly nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Pia from Spoonful O’ Spice. She is a fellow food blogger who posts the most delicious recipes for anyone to enjoy!
I recommend following her blog for some great food inspo! (https://spoonfulospice.wordpress.com/)
My blogging journey
I embarked on my vegan journey about a year and a half ago and up until now, I have a profound passion for food. Coming up with new recipes and getting creative in the kitchen is my definition of a wild Friday night, there’s something therapeutic about the sizzling sound of food in a pan along with the fragrant aromas filling the air.
My older sister who calls me her ‘Little chef’ seems to be very fond of whatever I throw into a pan and serve to her on a plate. She loves the fact that I mix and match different herbs and spices until I get the perfect concoction. Not only that, but experimenting with different plant-based foods has really opened my eyes to the world of good nutrition. It fascinates me how you can make such an incredible dish with a few vegetables and the right flavours.
No one other than a few family members have ever tasted my food, so one day my sister gave me the idea to start a food blog posting all my recipes to inspire others and show people a plant-based diet doesn’t only consist of lettuce and tofu and how the foods you put into your body do have a great effect on your overall well being.
I began this blog almost a year ago now and I’m so grateful to be able to share these recipes and inspire people to make healthier changes to their life, also connecting with different food bloggers and being inspired by them too. I appreciate every like and comment knowing people take an interest in my blog!
Advice to new bloggers
- My first word of advice is to enjoy it! remember why you started the blog in the first place and let that encourage you to carry on.
- Be consistent – Although I have been blogging for a while now, I was never consistent with my posts to begin with so my blog didn’t have much recognition. So get your content out there!
- Photos – Never underestimate the power of good lighting. Photos are the first thing that attracts me to a blog, so make sure you have good angle’s, lighting and make sure the food looks good too! No one is going to click on a photo that looks like mush.
- Be patient – Don’t feel discouraged if your blog isn’t getting much recognition, it will take time but remember it’s all a process!
- Communicate – Make sure you’re reaching out to other bloggers, like and comment on their posts and be supportive!
These are some awesome blogs!
For those of you, who accept this nomination….
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide links to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Write a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice to new bloggers.
- Select the 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
Thank you again to Pia for nominating me, much appreciated!